Become a brass Contributor
Our contributor team is made up of young adult writers from around the country. We're looking for people with varied experiences to join this team: from financial gurus, entrepreneurs and avid investors to those sharing experiences about managing debt, budgets, and their first foray in the real world.
- You're between 16 and 29 years old.
- You're passionate about writing, savvy with research, and up-to-date on current trends.
- You're able to meet deadlines.
If that's you, we encourage you to get involved and get published. Register here.
brass|MAGAZINE's audience is made up of 16- to 25-year-olds around the country. They're smart, they're techno-savvy, they like to listen to their peers, they are tuned-in, and they don't like being talked down to. They have a wide variety of experience and money know-how.
Our readers are looking for:
- Straight talk from sources they can trust.
- Clear and balanced information that will help them make smart decisions about what companies seem to want to separate them from--their money.
- Much of our content is developed in conjunction with prior consultation and approval from the editor.
- A copy of the brass Contributor Guidelines will be given to you upon receiving an assignment or upon approval of your pitch. For tips on pitching brass articles, see here.
- Authors get complete credit for contributions and receive a cash award upon publication for articles that are complete, submitted on time, fulfill the assignment and meet the expected standards.
- brass|MEDIA does not publish sponsored content or articles that are primarily advertisements.
The following acknowledgements and permission is required for each submission to brass|MEDIA:
- The author(s) assures the material submitted is original, his/her own work, and is not under any legal restriction for publication (e.g., previous copyright ownership).
- The author acknowledges that he/she is legally entitled to distribute the work and to allow it to be redistributed.
- The author gives brass|MEDIA permission to publish the work and make it accessible in brass|MEDIA’s archives indefinitely after publication. The publisher brass|MEDIA, Inc., owns the rights to the article, design, photo, or other submission content.
- The author accepts that brass|MEDIA may edit the work for clarity and presentation, and may lengthen or shorten the work as necessary, merging content with the work of other authors whenever appropriate (with proper credit).
- The material submitted is an exclusive to brass|MEDIA and not under consideration for publication with any other source (brass|MEDIA does not accept multiple submission copy).