NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Who Can Enter: Any legal U.S. resident, age 16 or older by February 1, 2011. Only one entry per eligible individual is accepted. Employees of brass|MEDIA Inc. or its subsidiaries/sponsors/advertisers and members of their households or immediate families are not eligible to participate.
2. How to Enter: Survey participants obtain one entry for completing the brass Readers Survey online between February 1, 2011 and March 1, 2011 and voluntarily electing to enter the survey drawing. For those not taking the online survey, an entry may be obtained by sending a postcard with full name, postal address, phone number, and email address to brass|READERS SURVEY, PO Box 1220, Corvallis, Oregon, 97339. To be eligible, the mail-in entry must be postmarked by 5:00 PM, March 1, 2011 and must be received not later than 5:00 PM Pacific Time March 3, 2011. Any mail-in entry that is illegible, incomplete, late, or lost will be disqualified. Only one entry per person is accepted, regardless of means of entry.
3. Acceptance of Rules: By entering the brass READERS SURVEY, the registrant expressly accepts the terms of these Rules.
4. Prizes: The total retail value of the drawing Grand Price is $1,000 (one thousand dollars).
One (1) Grand Prize: Prize may be paid by certified check or money order.
5. Prize Drawings: The winner will be selected by random drawing based on eligible entries obtained via survey responses and mail-in entries. The prize drawing will be held on or around March 8, 2011.
6. Odds of Winning: Each entrant's odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received regardless of means of entry. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ONE’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
7. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified via phone or mail on or around March 8, 2011. The winner will be required to acknowledge acceptance of the prize. If no response is obtained within 7 calendar days of notification the initial notification, a second attempt will be made to reach the winner by phone or mail. If no response is obtained from the winner within 14 calendar days from the date of the original drawing, the participant forfeits their eligibility to win the prize and it will be awarded to another participant pursuant to the same drawing and notification procedures outlined.
8. Winner Responsibilities: The winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred. Winners must submit an IRS W9 Form and affidavit of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules or an alternate winner will be selected.
9. Winner Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, brass|MEDIA Inc. may publish the first name and location (city/state) of the winner, and any quotation that the winner is willing to provide about brass on the survey, with no additional compensation. However, except for complying with requests for the Winner’s Identity, brass|MEDIA Inc. stands by its commitment to confidentiality related to winner identity and will request written permission from the winner prior to publicizing his or her name.
10. Limits of Liability: brass|MEDIA Inc., nor its officers, employees, sponsors/advertisers or any others that may elect to participate in supporting the brass|READERS SURVEY have no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that result from participation, acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize. brass|MEDIA Inc. and its sponsors/advertisers assume no liability for lost or misdirected registration forms or survey submissions whether due to technical or computer malfunctions or otherwise. brass|MEDIA Inc. and its sponsors/advertisers assume no liability for technical or computer malfunctions of any kind. brass|MEDIA Inc. reserves the right to cancel the drawing at any time if the brass|MEDIA Inc. websites are violated by outside intrusion of any manner or the integrity of the drawing is compromised in any way.
11. Official Rules: For a copy of these official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope requesting a copy of the official rules to:
brass Readers Survey
PO Box 1220
Corvallis, OR 97339